Super easy Sesame Chicken Schnitzel
As a busy mum, I’m always on the lookout for dinner ideas that are quick and easy, while still being healthy. This recipe ticks all those boxes and can be easily made into a gluten free version (see notes below). You can also choose from two ways of cooking it- baking in the oven which is healthier, or frying which is faster for those nights you’re in a frantic rush trying to get everything sorted.
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (black, white or a combination of both)
- 900g chicken tenderloins
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and peper
How to cook Sesame Chicken
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In another medium bowl whisk the eggs. In a third bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
- Coat the chicken tenderloins in the flour, dip in egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Gently brush chicken with oil.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking tray and place in the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes before turning the chicken pieces over and cooking for a further 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Hi, I’m Aspen, a university qualified teacher and nutritionist. As one of seven kids, a mum and ten years teaching experience, I understand just how challenging mealtimes can be. That’s why I’m so passionate about giving families a range of strategies to reduce fussy eating and make mealtimes an enjoyable family experience. I also work with schools doing incursions, parent information sessions and canteen menu assessment.